Do you want to be a virtual assistant? No worries! There is no need to be an expert virtual assistant in order to start this job. Many people start at the bottom and work their way up to lucrative careers.
A virtual assistant, commonly known as “VA”, refers to an entrepreneur who provides online services to valuable clients in a variety of industries from their remote location . The virtual assistant provides business services from anywhere in the world, including home.
The services of virtual assistants can include everything from administrative tasks up to digital media down to teaching services.
The VA can efficiently handle multitasking tasks. The VA can manage social media accounts for bloggers located in different parts of the country. Or, the VA can manage back-office management for a travel coach based in Australia. These are just two examples.
The Virtual assistants should create a profile in LinkedIn professional community.
LinkedIn links professionals and beginners in a field.
The LinkedIn is populated with bunch of professionals and experts in each industry. To keep updated, get in touch the experts.
You can educate yourself by learning and observing them.
The VA provides remote services that can be divided into four major divisions.
General Administrative Services
- Below is a list of admin services you could offer your client to be a Virtual Assistant.
- Cold canvassing, calling, booking sales appointments, and seeking a donation from their prospects/clients. The market analysis is necessary to target the audience.
- Regular follow-ups are conducted via online or offline correspondence with valued customers and clients.
- Electronic Calendar Management lets you record and mark events on an electronic schedule.
- File Management (manage their files and organize them using Dropbox/Google Dri ve, etc.
- Online google research for blog post topics, newsletters, gathering contacts etc.
- Bookings for Hotel rooms and Flight Travel
- You can create different reports for weekly/fortnight tasks and deliverables, sales, turnovers, etc.
- Preparing Microsoft PowerPoint PowerPoint Presentations so that they can use them for online courses and webinars as well as conferences or meetings.
- Monitor and recruit remote freelance employees, like a web editor or video editor.
- Personal jobs include booking events and restaurants, buying surprise gifts, booking tables at dinner, paying bills, shifting houses, etc.
Digital Marketing Services
The digital marketing mode of allows you to market your products and services using digital technology. The digital technology mode is promoted in internet which includes mobile phones, and other digital sources.
Digital marketing methods such as Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing and Product Marketing are growing all over the globe. The varied options require the VA services.
There is a lot to be done in each digital marketing strategy.
Digital marketing believes that metrics are key to success and that analytics are the best.
Here are some examples.
- SMM (Social Media Marketing) – Social Media Marketing is the usage of social media forums such as facebook, twitter, Instagram and websites or blogs to market a product or service. Online marketers promote products and increase brand awareness to consumers worldwide.
- SEO – Search Engine Optimization The practice of SEO or ecommerce organizations to increase visitor count, traffic and populate websites with optimization methods is called Search Engine Optimization. The optimization techniques can be used in both offline and online modes.
- SEO (Social Media Optimization). This is the process used to increase brand awareness, public interest and product popularity on social media.
- Facebook Marketing – The online marketers create brand popularity by creating a facebook pages and keep a regular follow up. The marketers create advertisements to gain popularity.
- Twitter marketing – To build brand popularity, online marketers should create a twitter page and maintain a consistent follow up. Marketers create ads to gain followers and popularity.
- Instagram Marketing: Online marketers build brand popularity by creating accounts on Instagram and keeping a constant follow-up. Marketers create ads to gain popularity and see the followers.
- YouTube Market – YouTube marketing allows users to create virality and post videos. A channel must be created and videos posted on topics such as cooking, fashion and hairdressing.
- Pinterest Marketing – Pinterest marketing is using Pinterest as the platform to increase the product and business awareness. Pinterest is used for traffic generation and to draw attention to the site.
- Marketing by Email – Mail marketing is the act of sending commercial content, or messages to valuable clients, via email. Email marketing is used in order to promote sales of the product and pitch sales.
- Branding: Branding actions by organizations are used to make them distinct from other emerging competition. Your market position is strengthened by the branding strategies. The marketers create brand loyalty by branding.
- Paid advertisements – Online marketers use paid ads to drive consumers to their sites and other search engines.
- Content marketing – Marketing material is carried through online websites and social media.
Creative Job Suite
Here are some examples:
- Graphic design
- Newsletter designing
- Web designing
- Logo design
- Designing branding materials to launch a new product or service.
- Video editing and creation
Online Instruction services
The teaching services can be divided into 2 broad categories:
1. Teaching services offered through LIVE mode
A Few Examples:
Tutoring school children online
Tutoring English or other language speaking online to students/ working professionals/ homemakers.
2. Instructional services via “How to” video tutorials
These are just a few of the real examples.
- How to create a winning online course
- How to create graphics by Canva / Picmonkey/Gimp tools
- How to use Google Drive/ Drop Box/ One Drive to store unlimited information
- How to make instructional video
- How to bake pancakes, ice cream cakes, sugar-free cupcakes / whole wheat bread/cookies etc.
- How to make your hair look party-ready in only 15 minutes
- How to create fillable worksheets and PDF workbooks
- How to take professional images for Instagram / Facebook
- How to become an Amazon/EBay branded affiliate vendor
- How to automate Pinterest advertising
- How to draw faces and images for comics books
- There are many online resources to help you learn about and become familiar with work at home jobs.
Which soft skills match up with clients to work remotely?
These are the skills that you will need to be a long-term employee or worker for profitable remote clients.
- Be Profession – You need to be more professional when interacting with clients.
- Don’t hesitate to take initiative – As a virtual business owner you must quickly analyse and comprehend the tasks and then take the initiative to ask any questions promptly without waiting for them to tell you.
- Problem solving skills – A person should be able predict a problem before it escalates into a major emergency and can then provide the client with a feasible solution.
- Efficient With your experience, your efficiency in work will increase. This will allow you to continue your efforts to grow the business.
- Persistence – You may come across a strict time-bound assignment or a tough situation wherein you are required to devote extra time, effort and energy to complete the task. You’ll be trustworthy and reliable because of your perseverance and ability not to give up, despite the odds.
- Excellent communication – Clients need you to communicate with them regularly and keep them updated with an open heart. Being professional does not mean asking clients for reminders or asking them to update you on the work.
- Task Organization skills – Your ability to manage your tasks ahead, follow the schedules and putting focus on one thing at a time will enable you manage multiple tasks with valuable client projects successfully.
Which tools does the VA really need?
Below given are some of the basic tools you need to know and excel before you take up client work:
- Google Docs – for creating, editing and sharing documents
- Dropbox– File sharing tool
- WordPress– For creating and managing websites
- Email marketing tool MailChimp. GetResponse
- Social Media Management Tool – Hootsuite, Buffer
Many companies have ties with virtual assistants. These agencies are intermediaries that help people get jobs in the virtual assistant industry.
To find virtual assistant jobs, follow the links to Upwork, Time, and Indeed.
Be sure to search for the relevant field in your queries and then enter the where and what sections.
Virtual assistant is assigned a job profile that has multi-tasking potential as the job description covers various skills.
Virtual assistants support law firms, finance companies, start-ups and other businesses by providing administrative, technical, and customer service. You can establish a virtual assistant business, or work remotely from clients around the world.
You will need to improve yourself according to your job profile. Virtual assistants can earn between 20,000 and 80,000 dollars annually.
The highest-salary virtual assistants need to work full-time, give executive level support to clients, and provide services like web-designing, developer.